Saturday, October 30, 2010

LA is my lady

Last week, I had the sheer pleasure of flying (by myself) to Los Angeles. It was part business, part pleasure and all around pretty great. LA can get a bad rap- and not the kind with a human beat box- but I love a city whose nail salons have a 20 minute wait during the work day and where palm trees grow in the ghetto. Add that to the fact that many of my best girlfriends are there, that Barney's co-op and Target are within a one mile radius and that no one under two feet tall wanted to suckle on my breast and you've got a recipe for a Mommy week in paradise.

LA has also upped it's food game. A friend told me about bld's lamb-burger. I dreamt about it for three days before finally sinking my teeth in to one. And it did not disappoint. Every day since, I then dreamt about how I could get my next fix. http://bldrestaurant.com/

With the re-opening of Off Vine, me and my friends gathered for a great meal and ordered the pumpkin souffle with our appetizers so as not to wait (though it is worth the 30 minutes). http://www.offvine.com/

And leave it to Mario Batali to smuggle in burrata from Puglia. If you've never had this 'taller, smarter and more beautiful' cousin to buffalo mozzarella, stop by Mozza. http://www.mozza-la.com
If you can't get a table, sit at the bar.

 My only complaint for the week: I spent approximately $57 dollars on coffee drinks. Let's just say I kept up this daily coffee habit for a month. My tab would be a whopping $228. For coffee. How many "Save the Children" children could be saved with that kind of cash? Or a better question (and less altuistic) ... how can I get me a coffee franchise?

No comments:

Post a Comment